Here are some tips and brief tutorials for assisting Team Managers and Parents in your program to complete their Guardian process, and allowing them to complete the required Waiver.
How do you get their login and password for the guardian?
- Go to dc2.usssa.com, select team mgmt and do a person search
- You can search the player by their name but will need to make sure you have the player’s DOB or you can search the player by their player ID number.
- If they already have a guardian account set up, you can copy the number beside their email and will need to go back and search that number as the player ID number to get their login information.
- There is a send button to send the login or if their email address has changed you can copy and send to them. It is best to do the send login if they have access to the email so that you can make sure you are not giving someone else their login. For example if the Mom and Dad are divorced and the Mom emails and says she can’t find the waiver to sign but there is a guardian account set up for the player you don’t want to send the Mom the login so therefore you would say “The guardian account is set up under the Father and the login information has been sent to him.”
What are the steps to take if someone does not have access to their old email?
- Dc2.usssa.com, select team mgmt and do a person search
- If they already have a guardian account set up, you can copy the number beside their email to get their login. They can use the login and update their email once they login.
- If they do not have a guardian account, edit the player and update the email address to send the guardian invite.
What do we do if they have access to their email but are not getting the invite?
- If they are not getting the guardian invite after trying twice the best thing to do is to get them to provide you with a new address, sometimes the system doesn’t recognize certain emails.
What do we do if they have access to their guardian account but the team is not showing up for them to approve?
- Most of the time in this case that means the player is not added to the roster, check their history and make sure that the player has been added to the team.
- Another issue is that the player has several accounts and multiple guardian accounts, if this is the case then the player’s profiles need to be combined into one. You will need to email support to have them combined and then they should be able to see all the history and sign the waiver.
How and when do you remove a guardian and start over?
- If the player is linked to a coaches email address, you would need to unlink the guardian account and update the email address.
- When you search the player there is a link to unlink the guardian connected, you would then select edit and put the correct email address. Once you have done that you will need to hit the link that sends the guardian invite to the correct email address.
The player is picking up with a team this weekend do I need to sign a NEW waiver?
- No there is not another waiver to sign if they are playing with a different team. The only thing that they need to do is login to their guardian account and accept the team but they do not have to sign an additional waiver.
What are the issues that we can not fix and who do we send them to?
- We do not have access to combine a player if the player has several profiles with different guardian accounts. If this is the case you have to email Angie with the National Office.
- If you are not seeing the player or the guardian account for any reasons the best thing to do is email email@example.com with the National Office to help you. When emailing her for any reason ALWAYS HAVE THE PLAYER’S NAME AND DOB OR THE PLAYER ID NUMBER BEFORE EMAILING HER. SHE CANNOT FIX PROBLEMS WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION AND IT SAVES HER TIME IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS
What if the guardian has two players but only one of them is showing up?
- If Player 1 is on the Guardian account, but Player 2 is not, you can search for Player 2 and Add the Existing Guardian (with ID number) to Player 2. Or you can Replace Current Guardian (with ID number) to get both players onto the same account. This is done on the Player/Guardian Search Tool.
How do I check if a team has all the players on their roster?
- You can Impersonate Team Manager to access the Manage My Players section of the team. Here you will see two tabs, one for Approved Players and one for Pending Players. Approved players have a waiver signed, Pending Players do not.
- You can also view their online roster by searching for the team on USSSA.com and going to roster history. Pending Players (with no waiver signed) will not show up online.
Using Safari and Work Computers:
- Try not to use Safari. Sometimes the approve button will not load on your screen as a guardian.
- Avoid work computers or other computers with enhanced security. Sometimes they do not allow the site to function properly.
Thanks to Frank Griffin and his State Office Staff for compiling this information.