Here are some tips and brief tutorials for assisting Team Managers and Parents in your program to complete their Guardian process, and allowing them to complete the required Waiver.
How do you get their login and password for the guardian?
- Go to dc2.usssa.com, select team mgmt and do a person search
- You can search the player by their name but will need to make sure you have the player’s DOB or you can search the player by their player ID number.
- If they already have a guardian account set up, you can copy the number beside their email and will need to go back and search that number as the player ID number to get their login information.
- There is a send button to send the login or if their email address has changed you can copy and send to them. It is best to do the send login if they have access to the email so that you can make sure you are not giving someone else their login. For example if the Mom and Dad are divorced and the Mom emails and says she can’t find the waiver to sign but there is a guardian account set up for the player you don’t want to send the Mom the login so therefore you would say “The guardian account is set up under the Father and the login information has been sent to him.”
What are the steps to take if someone does not have access to their old email?
- Dc2.usssa.com, select team mgmt and do a person search
- If they already have a guardian account set up, you can copy the number beside their email to get their login. They can use the login and update their email once they login.
- If they do not have a guardian account, edit the player and update the email address to send the guardian invite.
What do we do if they have access to their email but are not getting the invite?
- If they are not getting the guardian invite after trying twice the best thing to do is to get them to provide you with a new address, sometimes the system doesn’t recognize certain emails.
What do we do if they have access to their guardian account but the team is not showing up for them to approve?
- Most of the time in this case that means the player is not added to the roster, check their history and make sure that the player has been added to the team.
- Another issue is that the player has several accounts and multiple guardian accounts, if this is the case then the player’s profiles need to be combined into one. You will need to email support to have them combined and then they should be able to see all the history and sign the waiver.
How and when do you remove a guardian and start over?
- If the player is linked to a coaches email address, you would need to unlink the guardian account and update the email address.
- When you search the player there is a link to unlink the guardian connected, you would then select edit and put the correct email address. Once you have done that you will need to hit the link that sends the guardian invite to the correct email address.
The player is picking up with a team this weekend do I need to sign a NEW waiver?
- No there is not another waiver to sign if they are playing with a different team. The only thing that they need to do is login to their guardian account and accept the team but they do not have to sign an additional waiver.
What are the issues that we can not fix and who do we send them to?
- We do not have access to combine a player if the player has several profiles with different guardian accounts. If this is the case you have to email Angie with the National Office.
- If you are not seeing the player or the guardian account for any reasons the best thing to do is email email@example.com with the National Office to help you. When emailing her for any reason ALWAYS HAVE THE PLAYER’S NAME AND DOB OR THE PLAYER ID NUMBER BEFORE EMAILING HER. SHE CANNOT FIX PROBLEMS WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION AND IT SAVES HER TIME IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS
What if the guardian has two players but only one of them is showing up?
- If Player 1 is on the Guardian account, but Player 2 is not, you can search for Player 2 and Add the Existing Guardian (with ID number) to Player 2. Or you can Replace Current Guardian (with ID number) to get both players onto the same account. This is done on the Player/Guardian Search Tool.
How do I check if a team has all the players on their roster?
- You can Impersonate Team Manager to access the Manage My Players section of the team. Here you will see two tabs, one for Approved Players and one for Pending Players. Approved players have a waiver signed, Pending Players do not.
- You can also view their online roster by searching for the team on USSSA.com and going to roster history. Pending Players (with no waiver signed) will not show up online.
Using Safari and Work Computers:
- Try not to use Safari. Sometimes the approve button will not load on your screen as a guardian.
- Avoid work computers or other computers with enhanced security. Sometimes they do not allow the site to function properly.
Thanks to Frank Griffin and his State Office Staff for compiling this information.
On Friday May 1st, USSSA released the return to play guidelines, procedures and recommendations for all sports and directors. Please visit; http://www.usssa.com/coronavirus to understand what is required from directors, leagues, tournaments and events.
To: USSSA State Directors
Subject: 2020 Youth Sports Season Extended to Aug. 31
We hope all is well with the entire USSSA membership, considering these extraordinary circumstances, and that you are staying safe and healthy. Everyone has had to make adjustments recently. Please know we are hard at work here at the USSSA National Office, so we will be ready to kick-start all operations and events once we are assured the coast is clear to return to everyday life.
2020 Season Extended
After lengthy consideration, the USSSA National Office has decided to extend the 2020 season for all USSSA youth sports that have an original season end date of July 31, 2020. We are extending this season by one month, through Aug. 31, 2020. This will give every team as many as five extra weekends in August to still fit in events as part of the 2020 season.
USSSA State Directors all over America are beginning to add August events to their 2020 schedules, where possible. Event opportunities may vary by locality, based on variables such as facility availability, and all decisions to add events rest with the local Directors, who individually must weigh their local options regarding more events. Please know that everyone is working hard to explore additional event opportunities and secure the facilities needed to bring back the crack of the bat and the pop of the glove across this great country of ours.
Also important to know:
- The process for teams to register for events remains unchanged, and all events in August 2020 now will be considered part of the ’20 season.
- The 2021 season for USSSA youth sports is now scheduled to begin on Sept. 1, 2020.
- With the one-month shift in the 2020 season, player age requirements also have shifted by one month. Any player who would have aged up on Aug. 1 will now age up instead on Sept. 1 and will remain eligible to play at the age you are playing today.
- Please Note: Soccer is also allowing an extended season for it’s member leagues, clubs and teams. Due to USSSA’s affiliation with the U.S. Soccer Federation, our soccer members should follow the steps and procedures in the message sent earlier today and posted at; www.usssasoccer.com
Team Insurance Also Extended
Also in conjunction with the extension of the 2020 youth sports season by one month, USSSA team insurance is being extended for one month – until 12:01 a.m. on 9/1/2020. For any team with a current USSSA Team Insurance expiration date of 8/1/2020, the expiration date for that coverage is being revised to 9/1/2020 and no premium will be charged for the month of August 2020. Your team certificate will be updated automatically and available on your Team Management page at www.usssa.com.
If you have any questions about any of the above developments, please contact your Director.
Again, everyone please stay healthy and safe. We all cannot wait to take the field again. And when the time comes, let’s all be ready.
Donny DeDonatis III
Chief Executive Officer
From: Brian Wegman, USSSA VP Sport Development and Strategy
USSSA National Headquarters has been working diligently on the evolution of director processes to improve both efficiency and transparency between the director and USSSA HQ. A big part of this transparency and efficiency lies within the Director Dashboard. The Director Dashboard will be a multi-phase roll-out with the first phase geared towards director billing based on the actual data collected. Through the director-billing tool, USSSA HQ Accounting will begin to implement the improved billing process on March 18, 2019. The initial Statement of Billing will reflect the balance on your Director Dashboard as of March 15, 2019. Please take the next two weeks to review your Director Dashboard using the following criteria:
- Address any line item disputes found on Director Dashboard
- Follow-up on any unresolved disputes
- Please email any financial issues unrelated to the Dashboard to firstname.lastname@example.org
The procedure for State Director Billing will be as follows:
- Directors will receive Statement of Billing on 16th day of the month
- The statement will correlate to the Director Dashboard balance at close of business on the 15th day of the month
- Payment Methods:
- Credit card, Check and ACH request
- Credit Memo request moved from Director Payout
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Ultimately, the evolution of the Director Dashboard will help in servicing our directors at every level of the Association. The director-billing tool is a necessary step in creating transparency and clarity in director related accounting processes.
An update has been made for DC2 Create Team to currently function.
Some users will see this update immediately, but may take up to 11 pm EST tonight before the update goes into effect.
If the process still shows a “blank” image after clicking save, please shut down and restart your computer and you may be able to process the update immediately by doing that.
There could be some additional issues in saving a credit card to your account if not already done. This issue is still being looked at.
- Team Registrations
- Officials Registrations
- Event Sanction Fees
- Insurance Purchases
- Payment to and from USSSA HQ
- Miscellaneous charges and adjustments
- Search Parameters
- Dispute Transactions
- Make a Payment
- Request a Payment