In light of the most-recent federal recommendations regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), USSSA has made the difficult decision to suspend the sanctioning of events in the United States and Canada until further notice.
Effective tomorrow, March 18, 2020, at 5 p.m. EDT, USSSA’s revised sanctioning policy will take effect. At that point, in accordance with USSSA’s bylaws, no events will be sanctioned until further notice. This is for the health and safety of our players and our tournament personnel.
USSSA will evaluate this decision weekly and determinations of when to resume sanctioning in each area of the country will be made in conjunction with state directors and their local government agencies.
During this time, we ask our membership to exercise patience and understanding as each of our directors works diligently to administer this policy and coordinate rescheduling efforts at the local level. Please remember that all of our state directors are independent small businesses. As dedicated leaders with intense passion for the sports we all love, they can appreciate the impact this decision will have as much as anyone else.
In the meantime, USSSA will continue to monitor the rapidly evolving coronavirus situation. Should the guidance change, we will take appropriate action and notify our membership immediately of any further sanctioning adjustments.
Should you have any questions regarding an event in which you are registered to participate, please contact the event director or your state director for information on possible cancellation or rescheduling that could affect your team.
We look forward to facilitating the return of sanctioned competition for all as soon as possible.
Please take care,
Donny DeDonatis III
Chief Executive Officer